kaffy_r (kaffy_r) wrote,

  • Location:
  • Mood:
  • Music:

Dept. of Saturday and Sunshine

Weekend Meanderings

It's Saturday, and I should be doing all sorts of things, including union-related stuff. I'll get it done tomorrow, I promise. Right now, however, I'm happily listening to Louis Armstrong, waiting for supper, which BB is preparing, and I'm slowly (oh, so slowly, sentence by painful sentence) working on my crossoverpaloozza fic. I've finally figured out what's happening and why, and how it should end. Getting there ... ah, that's the challenge. I've got five fandoms to juggle and it's interesting. Fun interesting, but it makes it slow going. 

My hair is becoming almost unmanageable, with stickey-outey bits around my ears, and the nape of my neck a complete mess. I gave a nanosecond's thought to trying to do something about it myself, since it's likely I won't be able to get to my barber for at least another month (and I hope she's still in business by the time nonessential businesses are allowed to open here in Illinois). But I quickly jettisoned that idea, aided in part by Bob's look of alarm. Also by my brother's self-haircut results. His head is now completely shaven, since he did the classic "oh, a little more on this side, to even things - oops" thing. My classic good looks would not be improved by billiard ball head couture. 

BB and I donned our masks and headed out for a brief, but much needed, walk around the neighborhood. I figure about 40 percent of the folks we passed at a proper distance were masked. The other 60 percent ... oy .... Still, it was good to get out and enjoy the sunshine, even if the wind rendered it a little bracing. I'm very glad that we have a box of masks: we've had them for at least 20 years, I kid you not. I can't even remember why we had them. But they're coming in very helpful now. We just have to try to make them last as long as possible, because I'm sure we won't have easy access to more when they're gone.

I am very happy about one thing today, however. I've reached the weight goal I set for myself about nine months ago. I've lost 35 pounds, and done it the right way, or at least what I think of as the right way. Now I just have to remember not to OD on chocolate as I celebrate. 

That's pretty much all I can think of to say right now. I hope all of you are staying safe. 
This entry was originally posted at https://kaffyr.dreamwidth.org/766403.html?mode=reply, where there are currently comment count unavailable comments. You can comment there or here, but prefer to read over on DW. You can comment there using open ID if you don't have a DW account.
Tags: covid-19, life in the circus, meanderings, weight issues

  • Dept. of Memes

    Frankenstein Meme, Day 20 What fandom broke your heart? No fandom has broken my heart. There are some stories within my chosen fandoms that…

  • Dept. of Memes

    Frankenstein Meme, Day 19 Has social media caused you to stop liking any fandoms, if so, which and why? Nope. I’ve never had to…

  • Dept. of Memes

    Frankenstein Meme, Day 18 How many fandoms have you written for? How many have you been in, and how many are you still in? I’m still…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.