- Gone to see Thor: Ragnarok last night with BB. Laughed and enjoyed myself quite a bit. Chris Hemsworth has a light comic touch (and so does Cate Blanchett as the villain, which was a pleasant surprise,) the writing was witty and light, the plot held together rather well for a superhero movie, and of course there was plenty of Hiddleston/Loki and a very funny Ruffalo/Hulk. Light, colorful, and very few "Blow up the universe! Loudly!" scenes. A perfect movie to take one's mind off of ... well, 2017 in general.
- Dealt with another sick cat. Luckily, this is just a bad cold (both BB and I have experienced the delight of having Opie sneeze - wetly, and multiple times in one explosion - in our faces.) We're giving him a med prescribed by the vet to keep him hungry, since he's lost some weight, at least partly because no one wants to eat when they have a cold. Luckily, he does eat the pill if it's in a pill pocket and then covered with mushy wet food. That's really good, because the one time we pilled him by hand, it was horrendous. He's big, and strong, and very squirrelly.
- (Cancer kitty is doing quite well. Apart from becoming too fond of wet food. No more dry food for him, apparently. Heh.)
- Done a little more on the final chapter of H&M. Losing hope of finishing it this year, but still working on it.
- Watched the 2006 BBC Jane Eyre. Toby Stephens is far too pretty as Rochester (I actually liked George C. Scott as a good Rochester), but hey, Toby Stephens is pretty, so it was fun to watch. Ruth Wilson was excellent as Jane. It made me drag out my copy of Jane Eyre to read. God, Victorian literature is bloody wordy - but Charlotte Bronte manages to keep the story going.
- Now I have to go and clean the place, because I have union folk coming over to do union stuff, and I don't want them to think I'm a slatternly housekeeper.
Dept. of Hello, Hello
Can It Be Tuesday Now? I am so bloody tired. There's so much going on in my head, and I wish to god there wasn't. Every time I think I've got it…
Saturdays, Mad Hatter Days Today I went out and bought a pint of caramel praline ice cream and ate it all. For reasons. I'm hoping that…
One Cat Tree, Built And one kaffy_r absolutely dragged. I can't think of much to say that actually requires brain cells to rub together.…